Friday, August 29, 2008

Be Very Jealous

Just thought I'd quickly check in and let everyone know of the Friday night meal I'm making with friends. It's not pareve. I just wanted to make everyone jealous:

-Cream of Mushroom soup (thyme...bay leaves....4 kinds of mushrooms...mmmm...)
-Freshly-baked challah
-Guacamole
-Greek Salad
-Salmon with Tzatziki Sauce (a Greek strained yogurt/cucumber/dill sauce)
-Spinach souffle
-Sushi my roommate got for free because she got to Milk and Honey right before it closed
-Chocolate chip cookies

Have a good one!
-Ilana

6 comments:

Just like a guy said...

Milchiks for Friday night?

ilanica said...

I know it's a bit untraditional, but it's a mitzvah to enjoy Shabbos, and I enjoy milchigs a lot, and would have to force myself to eat fleishigs, so milchigs seems more in the Shabbos spirit for me.

Just like a guy said...

Good pint. Still, if you're having milchiks, why no cheesecake, blintzes, and chocolate chip mint ice cream?

Cheerio said...

oooh. now i'm getting jealous. free sushi??? so glad i'm going to be there next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(dyou think i overdid the exclamation points? its just because i'm THAT excited ;)

ilanica said...

Aw hon it's all gone sorry...

I am also SO excited!!!!!

rivka said...

I know you don't like random comments but I don't know where else to write this; why do you have xkcd on your blog?

P.s You turned me into a semicolon fan!