Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Well, it's been freaking forever, but since I've been home for three weeks I figured I might as well say something about keeping kosher just when you think it is impossible. I think I promised to do this when I created this Blog.

Here are some ideas:

TACO NIGHT. There are a ton of kosher taco shells out there. Chop up lettuce into as small of strips as you can, chop up tomatoes, smoosh an avacado, grate some cheese if you have it, buy some Mexicorn, and get the fake-meat veggie Mexican-spiced bean and beef stuff (try and heat that if you can). And then host a taco bar!

Buy some fresh salmon. Seriously. It's the best thing you can do. Make sure the skin is still on and cut off any part that may have been cut with an unkosher knife. Grill it and put it in a salad. Mmmmm.

Do not go to the "kosher" section of your regular supermarket. You will cry. If you do, get sparkling grape juice, it is divine.

There are a lot of pareve pudding mixes! Caution: They do not set with rice milk.

Popcorn kernals!! You can pop them in a regular pot if you shake it constantly. Fleishman's margarine is pareve if you plan on having a heart attack by thirty, you can melt it over the popcorn, with some fresh garlic...

I don't have any recipes for you now, I was really lazy this vacation (the most ambitious thing I did was buy a LOT of parsley to put it in everything). I'm in Colorado and the altitude makes me very sickly and lethargic. I might be back here on the blago-blag when I get back to New York, though, and my red blood cells are raring to go and I'm all ambitious with side projects, as I tend to be in the summer! Stay tuned my dears!

4 comments:

Chaya Hitin said...

Good for you for posting... :) those tacos sound yummy. :)

Miri Raphaelsohn said...

You sound like a poor starved child... pudding, popcorn, and parsley for three weeks?

ilanica said...

It was pretty bad, Miri.

rivka said...

Welcome back to the BLAGO-BLAG!!!!!!!!!!!